My research interests lie in interlinking mucosal, innate and adaptive immune responses to provide improved understanding of the pathophysiology of endometriosis. Our long-term goal is to explore therapeutic manipulation of uterine immune cells in the context of angiogenesis during pregnancy or in pathological conditions such as endometriosis.
Dr. Tayade’s research is focused on understanding the pathophyisology of endometriosis. The unifying theme of his research program is to determine how neo-angiogenesis is regulated by endothelial and hematopoietic progenitor cells and to elucidate the mechanisms by which these cell types could be therapeutically manipulated in physiological processes such as pregnancy and in pathological conditions such as endometriosis. Specifically he is interested in defining the association of immune mechanisms with neoangiogenesis and survival of endometriotic lesions. His laboratory is investigating specific mechanisms supporting blood vessel growth in endometriosis that can be safely targeted using anti-angiogenic therapies. He has established a new mouse xenogeneic engraftment model and currently validating the efficacy of several anti-angiogenic compounds. His laboratory uses a combination of molecular biology approaches, patient-based studies and immunodeficient mouse models. Dr. Tayade is recipient of J. Christian Herr Award from the American Society for Reproductive Immunology for outstanding research contribution.
Sources of Research Funds:
Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council, Canada Foundation for Innovation, and Industrial Awards from Bayer Pharmaceuticals and Primus Pharmaceuticals,
- Miller JE, Ahn SH, Marks RM, Monsanto SP, Fazleabas AT, Koti M, Tayade C.IL-17A Modulates Peritoneal Macrophage Recruitment and M2 Polarization in Endometriosis. Front Immunol. 2020 Feb 14;11:108.
- Symons LK, Miller JE, Tyryshkin K, Monsanto SP, Marks RM, Lingegowda H, Vanderbeck K, Childs T, Young SL, Lessey BA, Koti M, Tayade C. Neutrophil recruitment and function in endometriosis patients and a syngeneic murine model.FASEB J. 2020 Jan;34(1):1558-1575.
- Khalaj K, Miller JE, Lingegowda H, Fazleabas AT, Young SL, Lessey BA, Koti M, Tayade C. Extracellular vesicles from endometriosis patients are characterized by a unique miRNA-lncRNA signature. JCI Insight. 2019 Sep 19;4(18).
- Symons LK, Miller JE, Kay VR, Marks RM, Liblik K, Koti M, Tayade C.The Immunopathophysiology of Endometriosis. Trends Mol Med. 2018 Sep;24(9):748-762.
- Miller JE, Monsanto SP, Ahn SH, Khalaj K, Fazleabas AT, Young SL, Lessey BA, Koti M, Tayade C. Interleukin-33 modulates inflammation in endometriosis. Sci Rep. 2017 Dec 20;7(1):17903.
- Khalaj K, Ahn SH, Bidarimath M, Nasirzadeh Y, Singh SS, Fazleabas AT, Young SL, Lessey BA, Koti M, Tayade C A balancing act: RNA binding protein HuR/TTP axis in endometriosis patients. Sci Rep. 2017 Jul 19;7(1):5883.
- Monsanto SP, Daher S, Ono E, Pendeloski KPT, Trainá É, Mattar R, Tayade C. Cervical cerclage placement decreases local levels of proinflammatory cytokines in patients with cervical insufficiency. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017 Oct;217(4):455.e1-455.e8
- Khalaj K, Miller JE, Fenn CR, Ahn S, Luna RL, Symons L, Monsanto SP, Koti M, Tayade C. RNA-Binding Proteins in Female Reproductive Pathologies. Am J Pathol. 2017 Jun;187(6):1200-1210.
- Ahn SH, Singh V, Tayade C. Biomarkers in endometriosis: challenges and opportunities. Fertil Steril. 2017 Mar;107(3):523-532.
- Bidarimath M, Khalaj K, Kridli RT, Kan FW, Koti M, Tayade C.Extracellular vesicle mediated intercellular communication at the porcine maternal-fetal interface: A new paradigm for conceptus-endometrial cross-talk. Sci Rep. 2017 Jan 12;7:40476. Doi
- Miller JE, Ahn SH, Monsanto SP, Khalaj K, Koti M, Tayade C. Implications of immune dysfunction on endometriosis associated infertility. Oncotarget. 2017 Jan 24;8(4):7138-7147.
- Ahn SH, Khalaj K, Young SL, Lessey BA, Koti M, Tayade C. Immune-inflammation gene signatures in endometriosis patients. Fertil Steril. 2016 Nov;106(6):1420-1431.e7.
- Monsanto SP, Edwards AK, Zhou J, Nagarkatti P, Nagarkatti M, Young SL, Lessey BA, Tayade C. Surgical removal of endometriotic lesions alters local and systemic proinflammatory cytokines in endometriosis patients. Fertil Steril. 2016 Apr;105(4):968-977.e5. doi:
- Ahn SH, Edwards AK, Singh SS, Young SL, Lessey BA, Tayade C.IL-17A Contributes to the Pathogenesis of Endometriosis by Triggering Proinflammatory Cytokines and Angiogenic Growth Factors. J Immunol. 2015 Sep 15;195(6):2591-600. doi:
- Ahn SH, Monsanto SP, Miller C, Singh SS, Thomas R, Tayade C.Pathophysiology and Immune Dysfunction in Endometriosis. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:795976
- Jessica Miller (PhD Candidate)
- Harshavardhan Lingegowda (PhD Student)
- Ryan Marks (MSc Student)
- Alison McCallion (MSc Student)
- Danielle Sisnett (MSc Student)
- Anushka Nair (REPD 499 Student)
- Bailey Williams (REPD 499 Student)
- Rebecca Anderson (REPD 499 Student)
- Sophia Virani (Laboratory Incharge)